Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lost 4.2 pounds on Weight Watchers!

Well, I'm back to Weight Watchers (again). It always works, and then I stop going. It really is a great program. I started last week - so my first weigh in was 4.2 pounds. I'm also using e-tools to track which I really like to do. It was a good week, until Bailey died suddenly Saturday night. The next 24 hours were for *$&@ - that's all I can say. We are doing better, but we still miss her terribly.
Tonight I am going for my titration study with the CPAP machine. I'm still waiting for the dang internist to call me with my results. I just want to feel more rested and have more energy. I was sleeping so darn much during the day that I started volunteering 3 days a week at the homeless shelter just to keep my out of the house so I wouldn't be tempted to fall into bed and sleep. So now I just sleep when I get home from that. Great.
I am also starting my knitting classes back up. I always enjoyed that and I want to start up again - and finish that red scarf! I haven't scrapped at all this year. I really want to start up again. I didn't even finish Cathy Z's class. Oh, I printed out all the assignments, but didn't do one of them. I have signed up again as an alumni for Stacy's Big Picture Class. That was a great class.
Plus I have to print out my photos. Gee -is that all. Plus the economy sucks and business is way down, so we have to cut back. With 2 in college, and one to go in a year, plus building our retirement home up North (who knew THIS was going to happen to the economy?) that things may be having to be postponed. Oh well -things could be a whole lot worse. Working at the shelter is a really humbling experience. So many people you say - I'm going to be homeless this Friday or Tuesday....where can I go? I have 3 kids and we just lost our home, what can we do? We have no food for our family of four - can you help us. We do what we can and that is all we can do - and keep them in our prayers.

2 comments:

MAM said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! I too am back to WW for the final time I say:)

Janet said...

Great job on the WW program!
It is humbling thinking about those who are really truly struggling in this economy. It's great that you help out at the shelter!