

Who said church can't be fun? Well today was our Rally Sunday, the kickoff for the year and we had lots of fun in church today.
Rev. Penny brought a bunch of beach balls (one for each child) and during the children's portion of the service, they were all being batted around. Now, everyone was laughing and having a ball. Just kinda breaking the ice a bit. Very nice.Lucky for me I had my camera with me so I snapped a couple of photos.
The other picture is each one of our missions/ministries was given a tracing of one of the Sunday school children. Our job was to decorate them to represent our particular mission/ministry. Mine was Outreach (it's the one in the white mexican dress with the balloons going up the side (3rd from the left) and the other one I did was for Stephen Ministry and that was 4th from the right.
The clothing was my Katie's when she was little and the hair on the Stephen Ministry one was a wig she wore when she played the witch in "Into the Woods". I thought they were adorable and a great way to showcase that we all are Children of God. Church was followed by a bountiful potluck & hot dog luncheon, snow cones, popcorn machine and moonwalk. I left so I would NOT be temped by all the delicious food that was out there. I just didn't trust myself.
Yesterday (Saturday) Dan called me about 2pm and wondered if I was coming up to visit him. He was supposed to call me on Friday night and let me know if he was coming home or if I was going there for a visit. He had a just miserable cold and if he came home he could get lots of "extra love". Well, he never called me until Saturday around 1:45pm and asked when I was coming up. I said you never called me and he told me he left messages on my cell phone! That is the last place I ever look. I actually don't like to talk on the phone - especially the cell phone. So, I got ready and was there in 90 minutes. He was just so sick looking. The dorms were like 99% humidity and I was sweltering. We drove to the nearest place to get a good meal and shopping (about 12 miles away) and stopped at the store to get him some cold and sinus medication and another fan. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I was SO good, only 1/2 breadstick, minestrone soup and wholewheat pasta with veggies in sauce. He felt so bad he couldn't even eat. We went back to his room and I rubbed his head and he fell asleep. Poor baby!
Oh -yeah, I forgot to mention that I drove both ways in a torrential rainstorm. What we Mom's do for our babies!
Steve was up at our house being built and met with the builder. The first floor is all framed and he said it looks awesome. I can hardly wait to go up and see it next weekend. Now, off to do some more digi scrapping!
1 comment:
I love it when congregations are fun and lively! What a great idea to have beach balls bouncing around. I might have to steal that idea for our Church next time we have a celebration.
Post a Comment