We slept in till about 8:30am on Friday and went to Platte River Inn for breakfast. I had blueberry topped pancakes and bacon - YUM. Came back to the barn and the alarm guy was there to do the installation. Basically we spent all morning around the barn sweeping and organizing, till about 2:30 when everything was up and running. We now have phones, internet and an alarm system. During this time, Dan & Tia went to breakfast (they didn't get up till noon) rode bikes, Dan rode his mini bike which had a flat so that broke, and explored the property - Oh and napped. At 2:30 we finally had time to do the main thing we came up to do and that was start putting in fence posts. We wanted to make sure that Steve and I could do it by ourselves. We did GREAT! No fighting, arguing, swearing - just cooperation. We realized we needed a few supplies to make the job easier and I needed to wear long pants. We put in 60 feet of fence. Each length of fence is 10 feet long, and has 3 rails. I felt pretty good about doing this.
We only have about 6000 more feet to go. The photo above was the first fence post we put in.
We finished about 5pm and decided we were starving and going to go to Crystal Mountain for dinner and then the alpine slide. I had a delicious green olive and swiss cheese burger, with the best onion rings I ever had, plus an icy cold Oberon beer. We felt so much better after eating, then went over to the alpine slide. We all went up in the chair lifts, which is my favorite part. The view is spectacular. Steve & I walked down the "mountain" and took photos of Dan & Tia going down the slide. It was a fun day to end the day at Bear Lake and then drove back to Sugar Springs to spend the evening.
On the way home we stopped at Dairy Queen and got ice cream. Steve & I both got peanut buster parfaits. I felt sick afterwards. I could hardly wait to take a shower and go to bed. I could care less about the fireworks. Dan & Tia walked down to the beach to see them. Steve walked down to see the finale. I went to bed after my long, hot shower.
The next morning we cleaned up, loaded the car and headed by home. We had perfect weather too -which was so unusual for Michigan. It was in the mid-70's and party cloudy. Love it! The only thing I wished was different was that Katie and Andy were there!
No comments:
Post a Comment