
It's Memorial Day today and I know that many people think of it as the start of summer, or a big BBQ day etc. But it's really to honor our soldiers who have served and are serving to protect and defend our country. So please make sure that you take a moment to say a prayer for our soldiers.
A few months ago, I was at the airport in NYC and I saw a soldier who was outside the terminal with his wife/girlfriend. I went up to him and just said "Thank You" and he looked at me and said "Your Welcome". It may have sounded stupid, but even thinking back on it I get a little teary. I will make an effort to do the same for every person in uniform that I see. It's not much, but I do want them to know I really appreciate their service and laying their lives on the line for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment