
Today my sisters and I (except Dar who lives in Texas) went to go to our Uncle Chuck's graveside service in Clarkston. We all met at Julie's and I drove. Decided to have lunch first, and we went to Red Knapps ??? I can't think of it. It's owned by the same people who own Red Knapps dairy bar in Rochester. YUM. After a nice lunch, we went to the cemetery. We saw our cousins, Diane, Marianne, John, Haley and Dottie. It's too bad we only see these relatives at funerals. The marines were there, looking so very snappy in their dress blues. The veteran marine corps were there for the 21 gun salute. (7 men x 3 shots). The folding of the American flag, along with the presentation to the survivors always gets me. "From a grateful nation...."
Rest in Peace Uncle Chuck. We will miss your humor and smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment