Saturday, February 28, 2009
My Bailey girl is gone
I'm so sad. My dog of 3 years, Bailey (she was a yorkie) is dead. She had a wonderful day, lots of treats, naps on the couch in the warm sun and then we went to take them for a walk at 5pm, before we went out to dinner with friends. She ran to the telephone pole to pee, then ran towards me, goofed around, then fell to the ground. I tried to pick her back up , but she laid back down. I screamed to Steve. We picked her up and ran as fast as we could home. I knew she was dead. We went into the car,Steve handed her to me. I tried breathing in her mouth - trying mouth to mouth, but she wasn't moving. Her eyes were open. She was dead. I was screaming,Steve was screaming. We got into the car and drove wildly - going though red lights. We were hysterial -crying our eyes out. We got there and I knew she had died. They took her and we were led into a waiting room. Screams of agony and sadness poured out of our hearts. No -she was only 3 years old. It's too soon. Why God would you take her now. We just bought 60 acres for her to run in, she loved to run in the woods. The doctor came in and said I'm sorry. That is it. Someone who gave you unconditional love was dead. 3 years old. We can't stop crying. I can't believe she is gone. She had such a wonderful day. Laying in the warm sunshine on the back of the couch. Getting beefy treats, Holding a bone between her little 2 paws looking like a real person. Now dead. WHY?? We loved her so much. She was our Bailey Girl. Bear her 1 year old sister is so lonely. Where is her partner in crime? I am just sick to my stomach. I can't believe she is gone. After everything we are going through in our life she has to die. We are overcome with grief. Please help ease my pain God. You were the best dog Bailey. We hope and pray that you have fun in heaven with Jesus. We'll will miss you so much, your time was much too soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry about your baby. She knew you loved her very much. That's just crazy she would drop dead at such a young age. You will always miss her but it will hurt less in time.
Oh, Sue...I completely understand how hard it is to lose a pet. My heart goes out to you and your family. Do they have any idea what happened to her? Maybe understanding that might bring you some peace. {{{hugs}}} to you.
I totally understand your devastation especially with a dog so young. Cry for your baby... I know I will when I lose my Yorkie (as well as all my other dogs). Be there for your other baby because Bear will definitely miss Bailey too. My heart goes out for all of you!
Post a Comment