Friday, February 13, 2009

Life Happens


Finally I am blogging again. I don't know what is going on with me. Is it a bit of depression, winter blues, hormones or sleep apnea? I am tired all the time. I need to sleep all the time. After about 2-3 hours of being up, I need to sleep. It doesn't satisfy me. I know I snore big time so my doctor told me to get a sleep study done to see if I have sleep apnea. She also did some bloodwork and gave me a physical. I know that excercise helps, so yesterday, I started doing 30 minutes on the treadmill. Hey -it's a start. I am also going to force myself to get out and do things if I am not working at the shelter. Today I am going to the mall and do some window shopping and walking. 3 times around each level is a mile. When I went down to the excercise room, I found this big ball. I have wanted to get one for sometime, and I forgot that my son Dan bought one last year when he was working out. It is now my new chair for my computer. It's fun to sit on and is good for the abs. You can roll your hips around and do some mini crunches. I really like it. Plus you can bounce on it for fun!
I brought Dan up a big goody box last week for his valentines day gift, and sent Katie some cash and dark chocolate. For Andy I bought all his favorite candies in a red bucket. Every year we have always given our kids little valentines gifts. My dad sent me flowers each year since I was in college until he died. Steve has done that for Katie too. She will be visiting her Valentine this year so she wont' be home to receive the flowers, so cash was the next best thing. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Benita said...

{{{Sue}}} I've been the same way lately :( I do blame it on the weather! The cloudy skies are just depressing!

Congrats on doing the treadmill! That's awesome! And I'm jealous.....I want one of those balls for my computer chair, too :) DH thinks I'm nuts, but I like them!

KarenSue said...

I went thru a funk a li'l while ago, and had the same 'prescription', when I caught myself 'tuning out' force myself to get up and do something.

I'm impressed you can sit on the ball, dd had one, and I could not even balance myself on it!

Sherri said...

I was in a funk for a bit too! After holiday crash, winter blues, hibernation....and a gum infection. Finally the infection is gone, we've had a few days of 60 degree weather and I'm feeling a lot better. Hope you do soon!