Thursday, November 6, 2008

This is just sickening......


This is a photo of the house next door to me. As I said in my last post, they are clear cutting the property. Everyone is so upset and just sickened by the loss of a heavily wooded property full of 200 year old trees. All day I hear the buzz of the chainsaw, then hear the THUMP and my house shakes from the tree hitting the ground. I called the township and spoke with the supervisor and we have no ordinance regarding trees! We have an ordinance for everything else under the sun -but not trees. They have been working on one for over a year but the trustees have not been able to come to an agreement. This is the first time that someone has ever done this, most people want to save the trees - that's why they buy the property. We will be working hard now to get an ordinance passed ASAP, it's too late for the property next door, but we can stop it from happening again.

9 comments:

Lee said...

Oh my! That's just terrible, I hate the idea of clear cutting. I live in a town at the complete opposite extreme - you can't cut down anything! Crazy. When will common sense prevail?

PS Glad you're blogging again. Have you caught up on your sleep yet?

Sandra Collins said...

wow - that is horrible - hope you get an ordinance for the future

Heather said...

Oh how sad! I hate to see trees cut down - especially big old ones. What a shame that those people didn't appreciate what they had...

senovia said...

Wow! You're right! That is just sickening! I would love to live in a more wooded area. I'm in a subdivision. :(
Thanks for visiting my blog! I am enjoying yours! Have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

So sad to see trees go like that. Especially big beautiful ones.

milkcan said...

That is sad! Hope you get an ordinance passed soon!

jillconyers said...

I still can't believe they're doing that. I showed my ds aka tree hugger and he couldn't beleive someone would cut down so many trees. At 10, he is sure they had other options.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! Does that mean that you will not have a lot of privacy since the trees are not there anymore?

Janet said...

Oh, that makes me very sad. Hard to believe ppl would do that. Good for you guys for putting something in place to stop future deforestation.