Thursday, November 20, 2008

Been keeping busy.


Today I had my mammogram as well as a pelvic ultra sound. During my checkup she found a "mass" on the left side of my pelvic region. Could be a fibroid, cyst or heaven only knows. Won't know until next week. Don't you love just waiting for test results?
There is nothing I can do about it, so I'm not gonna worry.
I stopped by Trader Joe's to get my $1.00 advent calendars for my kids and my nieces and nephews. There isn't even 2 oz of chocolate in the entire month, but it's always a fun way to count down to Christmas. Alot of places sell them for $1.99 but run over to Trader Joe's and you can get them for a buck. They sell out very soon, so go now if you are interested.
I had a meeting with the Kevin from South Oakland Shelter, because I wanted to volunteer and help out. I love what SOS does to help the homeless and I am so happy that my church is a part of this wonderful organization. I will be volunteering 2 mornings a week to do intake. I guess when they open at 8:30am, there is a huge line (especially in the cold months) of people who need help. I will help and act as "triage" to point them in the right direction. They might need a meal, shelter, clothing, medical attention - who knows, but we will do the best we can to help them. There is alot for me to learn, but I hope my emotions don't get in the way. I'm such a sucker! When I walked into the shelter, one of the family of 4 kids was there and the kids ran up to me and jumped in my arms and screamed SUE - we never knew if we were gonna see you again. That just melted my heart.
I will now organize all my digital scrapping supplies in my "Shoebox". I took how to use Shoebox at Jessica Sprague's website and now need to do it again. Don't ask. Good thing I can access the class FOREVER. That is why I love to take classes with her.
Keep warm everyone and have a great day.

3 comments:

Lee said...

You are so incredibly busy! Good for you letting go of what you can't control ... I hope you get the results QUICKLY. Some day you'll have to explain what a 'shoebox' is ... somehow I doubt what you're talking about includes tissue paper!

Janet said...

What a great opportunity to serve the community. Sounds like a wonderful fit for you!

Here's hoping they can speed along those test results for you!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Wow - reading your blog i see that we have a lot in common - pelvic masses, volunteering, and loving JS's classes because you CAN access them forever. Man, do I need that because I just can't get it together.

Love that advent calendar.

I think this is the "No Snag" notebook at Staples I was talking about:
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p1_Staples-Twinwire-Bound-Subject-Notebooks_124715_Business_Supplies_10051_SEARCH

When you see it in the store, it has a yellow sticker on it that says "No Snag Spiral binding" or something like that . . .