Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fresh from the Farmers Market



Dan came home Friday night to spend the holiday in air conditioning and to get some privacy! It's hard to have your own room for 18 years only to have to share it when you go to college. Oh well, I guess that is part of life. We took him out to dinner before we left to go up north. We managed to get in over 500 feet of split rail fencing - yeah for us. It was so cool to see our home being built - I have to say it's a lot bigger than I thought. I am SO excited about moving up there. We bought a red quad runner and had fun with that in the afternoon. We just love being up there - it's so relaxing and beautiful. Lunch on Sunday was at the famous Cherry Hut. It's just an adorable place to eat -all decorated in red and cherries. The food is excellent and I highly recommend the cherry chicken salad. Of course we had to top it off with hot cherry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (we split it!)
Dan said he is enjoying college and seems to be adjusting well. On labor day, we came home and took him and Tia out to Golden Crown for some yummy Chinese food before he left to go back. Of course, the 3 days he was home he trashed the kitchen and dining room.
Katie is moving into her new TINY apartment she is sharing with 2 other girls. We will be driving out to NYC this weekend to pick up the items that don't fit, and to drop off some other things that will.
Andy had a great first day of school. Even today (Day 2) seemed OK. He has been in a lovely mood both in the morning and when he gets home. He HAS not been late yet!
I have been busy going to the farmers market for fresh veggies, then grocery shopping, lots of laundry etc. Today was my visit with Bernie, so that was nice. I stayed for coffee while they (there are 4 at each table) ate lunch so we could talk a bit more. One of the ladies wasn't there - her name was June, and she was so sweet. She died last week. She enjoyed it when I bought my dogs in and always participated in the conversations. I will miss her.

11 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

The fruit & veggie picture looks delicious! How wonderful to get them from a farmer's market. Sorry for the loss of your friend though. :(

Glad you were able to enjoy time with your son this weekend!

Janet said...

Love the pics on your blog! :-)

How exciting to be building a new place! From the picture, it looks beautiful.

Jennifer Davis said...

Mmmm...those veggies look delish! We love to go to the farmers market here too! Good luck on your new house, that's so exciting!

Renee said...

I wish our Farmers Market had goods that looked that good. They are dwindling now. Seems like you are quite busy. Hope the house gets clean soon. HA

Angelica Turner said...

Hi, Sue
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your photos, they are amazing. The flower on the "Happy" layout was made using die cuts and layering them.

mborrero said...

ohh yummy..

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciating
my blog
I design for Color Me Daisy
Haute Artist Instructor
Everything Scrapbooks and Stamps DT member

Lily said...

Thanks for the fun update. Sounds likeyour kids are off to a geat start.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! I love it when the kids stop by the house. Of course, it helps that they all still live in town. Can't imagine what I'll do if they ever leave!!
Veggies look awesome!!

Anonymous said...

The veggies look scrumptous! I have a 12 year and she is an only child. She has had her own room all her life....I haven't even thought about her college years when she will have to share. She demands complete darkness and silence to sleep. LOL

Your life sounds blessed.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

What gorgeous fruits and veggies! Around here, the few farmer's markets close super early because of the heat, so we never get to them.

Congrats on your new place!

Heather said...

Sounds like your family is very busy! Fresh produce is my favorite thing about summer.