Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oakland Farmers Market


Yesterday I went up to the Oakland Count Farmers Market. It was wonderful to see all the fresh produce and flowers. I picked up some beautiful tomatoes, fresh basil, 2 gerbera daisies, 2 different melons, carrots and apples. I then went to visit Bernie and gave him a few of the tomatoes and an apple. He has mentioned about living on the farm when he was young and eating fresh warm tomatoes out of the garden. I figured this would be a nice treat for him and he was very surprised. We had a wonderful visit.
I got my hair cut and colored today, as well as an eyebrow arch. I feel so much better! It had been over 2 months and I really needed it. Katie found an apartment with 2 friends in NYC and it's way in her budget. I am so proud of her. She is driving from NYC right now to come home for a visit before she goes back for her Senior year. Dan leaves next Friday for Albion. We plan on going to see our new home and have a mini vacation soon. Maybe visit Sleeping Bear Dunes, take our boat on Lake Michigan have a campfire and sleep under the stars. It will be good to have the whole family home again.
Peace

1 comment:

Lily said...

I love farmer's markets! Unfortunatley we don't have any nearby. Thanks for the little look into your life.